Sunday, October 7, 2007

Oktoberfest

I love Oktoberfest! The beer, the food, the music, and the people. Oh my God, the people! Just look at this crowd:

This was taken just after the band started playing at 7pm; we got there at 4 to make sure we had a table and by 7 we were so glad we did! Thank God Kara showed me the secret potty or I'd have been screwed (the nonsecret one is right through that crowd of people)

Polka Boy played a great show (as usual) and even Ethel came out to sing us a song.

I know it's a little hard to see but it was late and I'd be Oktoberfesting since 4. It's a real joy to the ears to hear AC/DC sung by the likes of Ethel Merman!

Well, all in all I think we had a great time and can't wait until next year when we can do it all over again -- I'll be there at 4 if you need a place to sit.



And since this is a knitting blog a quick update: I restarted the scarf for my exchange pal -- I like this one a lot better than the lace weight I started. I hope she likes it, she's been knitting longer than I have and I'm sure has made lots of lovely things I just hope this goes over well it's one of my favorite patterns. Oh, and I'll include a picture of the Cameilla Sweater that caused me so much knitting angst that I even forgot I'm not a size 2. Huh, go figure! It's a gorgeous sweater though, just not one for a girl with boobs (or a waist).

No comments: