Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cross your fingers!


So here it is; the Cameilla sweater from Glampyre knits; I only have one more piece to finish and then I can block it and sew it together. However, I really don't think it's going to fit. See the long piece and the two vertical pieces? That's supposed to be the back, and the shoulders. Yeah, that's right the back and the shoulders. The little horizontal piece? That's the front, from the boobs to the hips. Uh huh, see the problem. Even with blocking I'm still not so sure. I even took the pieces apart earlier and added like 2inches or so to them so they'd be to gauge -- I'm hoping that's pre-blocked gauge or I know a 3yr old that has a new pretty green cardigan to grow into.


Here's a close up of the lace, do you think we have a chance? Let's hope the blocking Gods are on my side! This is why momma always said to do a swatch!

On a side note, classes suck! Why did I decide to go back? I'm never going to use this knowledge I"m building in my head -- I really like my job as a lab rat and really have no interest in finishing up this BS, then going to get a PhD so I can shrink little heads. It does sound cool, and I'm totally in love with all the weird abnormal things that can go wrong but another 7yrs of school (if I'm lucky) doesn't really sound good now. And the worst part is I'm such an anal bitch that I won't blow off the classes and I have this "I have to get an A or I'll explode" mind set so I have to study.

Alright, well tomorrow is Oktoberfest! I'm so excited I can just polka right here. Mr. Jesi has blown me off, but my real friends will fight the drunken crowds and 2hr line to go pee with me. It's time like these you find out who really loves you! I'll be sure to post pictures after I sober up and can coherently edit out the bad ones!
I still miss my Ralphy, but Jesi's friend brought over a puppy who's future sibling has been promised to me and I realized, I don't want it. Who wants a cute love you to death puppy when you had an old I hate you and all you stand for cranky dog?





1 comment:

the vicious chicken said...

Hello there, just wanted to pop over and say thanks very much for participating in my KSSP! Hope your boss didn't catch you knitting and counting :o)

I'm sorry to hear your sad news about your dog - it sounds like he was quite a character. I'm sure you still miss him, but I hope you start to feel more OK about it soon.
VCx