Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Birthday Shawl


shawl
Originally uploaded by telejesi
So some time last week between the stupid 7hour interview, the late nights out rocking and very little sleep I thought it would be a good idea to knit a shawl for Mr. Jesi's grandmother. Her birthday is Wednesday (TOMORROW) and we're having lunch with her on Sunday (in 4 days -- 4) at which time I'm supposed to have this done, blocked, wrapped and ready to go. Stop laughing, it can totally happen!

This is the first time I've ever gifted any thing I've knitted (besides hats and a scarf or two) so I'm nervous; this is like my baby. What if she doesn't like it? What if she throws it in the washer and ruins it? It's too much stress!! I've already told Mr. Jesi that if she doesn't give it the appreciation I think it deserves I'm snatching it back and taking it home where it'll sit in my closet where it'll be petted and looked at and never worn (gee, what a great life!)

In other news, I'm so excited about my new blog -- I hope I can keep up on it, bug the hell out of me if I start to slack! I have lots of pictures of 1/2 way done knitting projects to put up and need the nags of you all (you all are out there right?) to help me finish them. I'm trying to start a knitting group on my side of town and our first meeting is this Saturday -- I'm nervous no one will show up, or they'll show up this time and never again.

Ok, it was lovely talking to you all but I have 4balls of cotton silk to knit up in 4 days.

No comments: