Monday, October 8, 2007

Frick! Frick! Frick!

So, I sat myself down and knitted a cardigan -- a really pretty green merino/baby alpaca blend cardigan with a pretty lace pattern. I didn't like the way the pattern looked on the suggested size needles so I went down 2 (yup 2) needle sizes thinking, "No biggie I'll just add some extra rows" Which I did and the length of this sweater is perfect -- it hits at the perfect spot on the hips; doesn't make me look hippy, or make my butt look big it's perfect. Well, except the fact that it's TOO FREAKING SMALL AROUND. Lesson learned: when going down 2 needle sizes; add to the width too. Anyone around here a size 30 bust? If so you can be the proud owner of this (and notice the pretty pattern):


It was a day full of knitting lessons yesterday. Lesson #2: Do not attempt to knit a pattern while watching football. Even if your team is pounding the other team into the turf; it's not a good idea. See:

Can you see it? It's the only thing I can notice now. Double Frick! Now I have to rip it back almost 24 rows of pattern. Frick! It's not like this is on a time line (it's been on needles for like 3 football seasons now) but I've been working on it off and on without any major malfunction and now look, 24 rows!









Ok, now onto a knitting highlight (I think). Here is the scarf I've been working on for my ISE5 pal (I don't think she has my blog link so I should be ok to post it here). I'm not sure, I love the pattern, I love the yarn and I'm hoping I'll love the two together when it's blocked and in the mail. This is my 3rd pattern and 2nd yarn so I'm over the whole thing already. But, take a look and tell me what you think -- as long as it's nice and doesn't involve any more ripping:

No comments: